Sunday, December 18, 2016

The Real Language to Learn


Ok so first off, I think I am a golden investigator. I become more and more converted each day. Especially when we practice teaching each other in broken Spanish, which it seems like we do a hundred times a day, probably not, but that is what it feels like. But when I am an investigator for another missionary I have a really hard time faking it and being noncommittal. I believe what they are telling me in our preschool level Spanish, and I feel that it is true. For example I had to be an investigator and tell an Elder what my needs were I told him: I'm confused at what my next step in life is, which actually is a real need, I had been/feel confused about this stage in my life and what the next 18 months will bring and the time after that. He looked at me like "really couldn't you just say you feel lonely and then I could just tell you that God loves you and is there always?" but this was a real need and I didn't want to give the standard scenario and receive a standard answer, so I didn't and we were both blessed. He proceeded to share a couple of scriptures with me and testify that I had a plan for me from a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. Then he left me with a scritpure to read for the week in Mosiah 4, verses 5-7, I began glancing at it as he was testifying and wrapping at his lesson and the words hit me like a ton of bricks, he finished and I looked up at him and said: "Elder that was a real need in my personal life and you gave me just what I needed to hear." His response was "well I'm glad you didn't tell me that before because I was way nervous, but that is the scripture you told me to use in my lesson last week..." and I said "no it's not I told you to use Alma 32" "he looked down at the highlighted verses and it was definitely not Alma 32" we both sat there and just let it sink in that the Spirit taught us both, the Spirit helped this Elder sincerely assist and help my need, and testified to me that though I have been "awakened to to a state of my nothingness..." if I put my trust in the Lord and am diligent in keeping his commandments and continue in the faith even unto the end of this life I will receive salvation. That is my plan and that has always been His plan, I just need to put my trust in Him... always... cada día.
Which reminds me, to wrap up this email let me just share a quick experience on putting your trust in the Lord, for those of you that know me you know that I'm really so very not theatrical and don't really sing, like ever... So hearing that I sang a duet and one verse solo, accapella (don't even know how to spell that which further proves my point:)  with one of my companeras might come to a shock to y'all. But I did, we sang Señor Te Necesito (I Need Thee Every Hour) in sacrament meeting in front of our branch made up of about 4 districts so probably 50 or so people... I wasn't super nervous because I felt like if I could somehow bear my testimony through my singing voice it wouldn't matter how it actually sounded... I also felt like that song was so applicable, it's always been my favorite and if I have ever needed Him it was when I was about to sing in front of loads of people. However what I did not expect was to feel as though my weakness in singing was made a strength... after singing we had some of our Elders in tears and people swarmed us afterward telling us what a good job we did. So many in fact that we auditioned "got the golden ticket to Hollywood" and again sang at the Tuesday devotional in front of THE ENTIRE CCM, 350 people ish. Ultimately I learned that Ether 12:27 is more and more true everyday I'm humbled and give the Lord my weaknesses and He is kind and loving and trusting enough to turn them into strengths. And in reference to the title the real language I'm learning is the language of the Spirit. One day I hope to be fluent in it. And Spanish, Spanish would be nice to be fluent in too.
Sending many prayers and much love and Navidad wishes from MeXicOXOXO!!!!

Hermana Hall




















No comments:

Post a Comment