Tuesday, January 3, 2017

I'm Leaving on a JetPlane

Hey family as I sit waiting for my bus I want to just tell you how much I love you and a couple of things that I have learned while here:
I remember Dad saying that this will be the most carefree time of my life... I have been pondering that over and over again, for the first few weeks I thought that was insane, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT ANY OF THIS IS CAREFREE. But then overtime I have realized what that means, this is the only time I will be completely and utterly focused on anything but myself, my focus is on Christ, it is on the language, and the people of Knoxville Tennessee. I have faith that as I continue to give my cares to the Lord I really will be carefree, I know that He can do that for us He can carry our burdens and help us feel light, I have experienced that many times and know that if he can do that for me he can do that for others. I am excited to go and experience Knoxville I hope I fall in love with it, and more importantly with it's people. One of my comps said I have nothing to worry about because "Knoxville is a people loving place, and I am a people loving person" I hope I prove both of those things to be true.
The other thing I have learned is that I don't think I came here to learn Spanish. A line in my patriarchal blessing talks about how the gift of tongues will be a natural part of my life, well I've thought and pondered and meditated on that one too because NOTHING ABOUT THIS HAS FELT NATURAL, yet at the same time every time I look back 43 days and see the progress i have made there have been some natural changes and I have progressed a lot in the language. But even more so I think I came here to be a part of Districto 6B, saying goodbye to the Elders Sunday night tore at my heart, they have been such examples and saviors in my life. Sending off Hermana Olsen was tough yesterday and hugging Hermana Munoz hasta luego and then running back to the casa because we had received a phone call saying she was supposed to be there a half hour earlier than we had planned on so I was still in PJ's but she made it sort of on time, That's the Mexicc CCM for you, always a lack of communication always an adventure. BUT what I'm getting at is I have a testimony that the call date you report on is just as inspired as your actual call destination. I am a better person as a result of the people I have crossed paths with here, and I can only hope that I've been able to be a positive influence for good in their lives as well. Yes a mission is a strange experience, it's different than I ever imagined, I never expected my testimony to be tried so much. But I think that I have needed to experience that because that is exactly what I'll be asking my investigators to do. To experience upon the words which I teach by the Spirit and try their faith. If I've never done that myself, how am I supposed to expect them to do the same?
I can't so I am going to continue to cling to what I know and strive to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ, this mission won't last forever but my role as a missionary will. So watch out Knoxville I'm coming for you and am ready to jump right in. The field is white, and ready to  harvest, so let's go see what kind of instrument in God's hands I can be.
I love you all, Happy New Year, I can't think of a better way to kick off 2017, and yes Bridger it is extremely weird that "this year I won't ever set foot in our house" but that's ok just wait til 2018 I'll be running and stomping and jumping all over the house. Yo amo mi familia a la luna ya la espalda!
Sending lots of love from MeXicOXOXOXO and soon to be from KnOXOXO
Hermana Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment